Sunday, November 13, 2011

Victory! Checked Off Phase One of My First Writing Goal












In my blog entry of August 10, I listed several of my writing goals. The first goal was to sort through the content of 6 ½ years of the Gifted Child Information Blog that I wrote for Prufrock Press, eliminate outdated information, check all the links, and rearrange the material into a form or forms that would be useful for parents and teachers. I just finished the first phase of that goal. I have now gone through all of the material and figured out what is relevant and what is not, what needs to be eliminated and what needs to be updated. I have a tremendous number of valuable resources that need to be shared.

Next I will begin reorganizing the material according to category and figure out the best ways to make the information useful. Some of the publishing ideas I am considering are 

  • Individual articles in various consumer magazines and possibly trade journals 
  •  A revised and updated version of my book, Raising a Gifted Child  
  • One or more books—perhaps a “best of” type book for parent and/or teachers 
  •  An online publication with active Internet links
My hope is that, as I begin to shuffle the blog entries around into various categories that some obvious formats will become obvious.

I would love to hear from you about formats that you would find helpful. Perhaps you’ll even come up with ideas I have not considered. Please feel free to contact me at carol@bycarolfertig.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment