Sunday, March 17, 2013

A Different Way to Look at Character Types




       






 





Rather than think of traditional character types as protagonists, antagonists, etc., let’s look at characters a different way.

There are three types of characters:

  • Those who influence, or change others
  • Those who are changed by others
  • Those who change within

Thinking about these three types of characters has caused me to think about my own role in life as well as the roles of those who are close to me. My guess is that, for most of us, our own roles change over time and circumstance, but for some, one of these three types of character is dominant. Think about yourself , others who you know well, and famous people who you have come to know through various media. Who are the people who cause change in others? Who are those who change because of the influence of others? Who do you know whose personal thoughts and characteristics have changed dramatically through introspection?

I need to consider how I will demonstrate these character types in the fictitious individuals in the writing that I create.

No comments:

Post a Comment