Thursday, November 3, 2016

Making Chapter Deadlines: Follow-up from My Last Blog Entry













Good news…so far, I have made every one of my chapter deadlines. In May, my good friend Jeff had me create a chapter outline for the memoir I wanted to write on growing up at our family cabin. Along with the outline, I created due dates for submitting chapters to him for critique. So far, I have completed five chapters, emailing each one on time. This has been a wonderful tool of accountability. His comments, in turn, have been very helpful, mostly suggesting topics that need additional development.

The more time I spend working on the memoir, the more I am enjoying the process. I am amazed at the detail I am able to conjure up from so long ago. The writing has also given me an excuse to talk more with my two brothers about our experiences in the north woods of Minnesota.

My ultimate goal is to write approximately 80,000 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment